Tuesday, December 22, 2020

The Joyous Songs of Christmas [Deluxe Edition]





The Joyous Songs of Christmas
Columbia Special Products CSP 10400
1971


The most unusual deluxe edition of the series: a 4-album box set consisting of the current year's Goodyear album (Joyous Songs of Christmas) plus three complete albums in their own right:
The Joyous Songs of Christmas -- Columbia Special Products CSP 10400
The Andy Williams Christmas Album -- Columbia CS 8887
Barbara Streisand - A Christmas Album -- Columbia CS 9557
Bing Crosby - Merry Christmas -- Decca DL 78128

It was also unusual in that despite the elaborate packaging, the discs all had their original record company labels, and the Bing album wasn't part of the Columbia Records group

See the 'Joyous Songs' page for information on that album


4 comments:

  1. I have never seen this Delux Edition sets and internet searches come up empty. Were they special dealer gifts or were the sold to the general public?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assume they were for upper management types, but I don't have absolute proof. They definitely were not sold to the general public. I have come across them on eBay, otherwise I would never know they exist. I couldn't afford to buy them, but then again, I'm more of a researcher than a collector anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful blog! As with many instances throughout the last few years, now is the time to improvise and adapt new ways to celebrate festivals. While we may not be able to engage in person due to COVID, there’s no reason to let COVID-19 to stole our Christmas party! There are lots of virtual ways to celebrate Christmas with remote colleagues. We have Virtual Games for Christmas Party to add joy to your Xmas party 2021.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have some deluxe Goodyear Christmas Albums, The Joyous Sounds of Christmas, which is the four Album set from 1971 with a gold cover, Album 10 with a lovely gold cover and the record is red vinyl. I am interested in selling these. They belonged to my parents and were never abused. I also have many of the other years marked Limited Edition.

    ReplyDelete

Followers